Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Activity 8 ~~~~part 2



So I had a look at Web 2.0 Awards nominees and went straight to the short list.
Found some interesting stuff, some we have already covered, some I have already looked at and just felt like doing something for fun. So went to this one. Woo Hoo.
http://www.cocktailbuilder.com/
This is just way too much fun, you can do a search of what are the most popular cocktail or look at a few suggestions. The bit I liked the best, is that you can type in the ingredients that you have at home in your bar. It will generate a list of possible cocktails you can make and tell you if you need other ingredients to make a particular one. If you have a favourite cocktail that you can't find on this site, you can type it out and upload it. It does also have a couple of links to other useful sites, but I think if you started doing test cocktails, then you may not just get to these as your eyesight maybe a tad blurry by then or you have just can't stagger back to the computer after the last round of drinks.

Can I see this used in a Library context? Hmm hell yeah.. when's the next cocktail party?

Have fun... I'm going to see what I have in my bar cupboard.

No comments: